Senior Clinical Education Specialist (CMEMS) - Philadelphia
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Internal Number: ABLAUS31010633ENUSEXTERNAL
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Leading an active lifestyle is important to the many people we serve. In Abbott's Heart Failure division, we're advancing the treatment of heart and vascular disease through breakthrough medical technologies in electrophysiology and heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
The Sr. CES works under general direction, provides advanced clinical, sales, educational and technical support in response to complex field inquiries from physicians, health care professionals, patients, and field sales staff, involving HF products. Performs work that involves a high degree of independence. Identifies and routinely uses the most effective, cost efficient and best business practices to execute processes; continually evaluates their effectiveness and appropriateness. Exercises independent judgment in planning, organizing and performing work; monitors performance and reports status to manager. Technical proficiencies and performance are at the experienced level of all Clinical Education Specialists in the region.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
1. Acts as a senior clinical interface between the medical community and the business.
2. Demonstrates ability to build and sustain credible business relationships with customers and shares product expertise accordingly.
3. Identifies reports and advises of customer needs, product performance and potential sales opportunities to sales representatives / directors and/or management to influence sales growth and service of accounts.
4. Provides advanced techniucal, sales, education and clinical support in response to the most complex field inquiries on as-needed basis. Demonstrates a thorough command of all HF products, related product and technical knowledge, trends and players.
5. Develops, leads and/or facilitates trainings and other programs on HF products to healthcare professionals.
6. Provides insight, guidance, and feedback to management on market feedback and components of next generation of products.
7. Provides regional HF procedural case coverage.
8. Leads clinic monitoring support, sharing protocols and best practices for improving workflow efficiencies
9. Provides additional back-up support to HF Sales Representatives in the following areas:
a. Sales support;
b. Regional training seminars;
c. Clinical studies/data collection;
d. Trouble Shooting; and,
e. New product in-service training to physicians, nurses and sales representatives.
10. Mentors and provides leadership for less experienced Clinical Education Specialists.
11. Continuously develops clinical, sales and technical skills relative to the overall Heart Failure strategy, including learning opportunities via Sr. Sales personnel and management.
Other Duties: Number and list any important but non-essential and/or infrequent duties performed.
1. Assists Training and Education departments with advanced educational seminars, and the preparation of educational materials.
2. Assists Sales with advanced product demonstrations to visiting physicians and sales personnel.
3. Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, and a good working knowledge of company and competitor products, markets, and objectives as well as industry trends.
4. Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
5. Performs related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
Required: Bachelor's degree in a science field OR non-science field with healthcare experience required. Requires ability to become certified on Heart Failure products. A minimum of four plus years increasingly responsible experience in cardiac or heart failure related industries. Demonstrated knowledge of cardiology, heart failure, or cardiac cath lab procedures. Familiarity with cath lab and operating room procedures and protocol. Demonstrated advanced knowledge of hemodynamics is also necessary. Must apply critical thinking skills and abilities to interpret and solve complex clinical problems. Must have comprehensive written and verbal communication, interpersonal, presentation, analytical, organizational skills, and the ability to meet deadlines. Must have the ability to concentrate on detail and work independently. Must be able to work effectively with clinicians, technical specialists, vendors, and customers to achieve assigned goals; must be capable of coordinating multiple assignments simultaneously and effectively. Must possess comprehensive personal computer skills (experience with Microsoft Office or equivalent required) in graphics, word-processing, databases, authoring programs, etc., to develop presentation materials.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
Paid time off
401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.