Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The Sr. Business Manager - Contracts & Pricing manages and leads a defined segment of the Division's contracting and pricing function. Ensures compliance in contracting and pricing to ethical procedures. Provides cross-functional support to develop and drive sound contracting and pricing strategies, and leads and influence both with and without direct authority.
Ensure compliance relative to contracting and pricing contracts against departmental Office of Ethics and Compliance (OEC) procedures.
Manage and develop contracting and pricing strategies as well as the review and implementation of contract paperwork within a defined market segment.
Work cross-functionally to resolve problems and accomplish goals.
Act as a consultant and subject matter expert (SME) relative to customer contract language, terms and conditions.
Responsible for associated administrative tasks.
Travel up to 10% of the time both domestically and internationally by any means necessary to support organizational goals.
Understand and comply with applicable EHS policies, procedures and guidelines.
Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the Quality System.
Accountability & Scope:
This position is accountable for the following:
1. Implementation of strategy, scope, process and programs related to contracting and pricing;
2. Providing significant and positive impact to short-term, mid-range and long-term organizational goals;
3. Demonstrating continual improvement in matters concerning contracting and pricing;
4. Creating a work environment that supports cross-functional team effectiveness
5. Responsible to assist ongoing training of the Commercial Sales Team on Contracts and Pricing Policies; Demonstrated appropriate level of leadership experience to lead and influence.
6. Requires high levels of competence, confidence and credibility.
7. Strategic and tactical decisions will be made based upon data the individual provides and/or presents in a management or informal setting.
8. Errors or failure to achieve results will add to costs and may impact the goals of the organization.
Position operates independently with limited to no direct supervision; manages workload to meet critical deadlines under challenging time constraints.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required Typically requires 7+ years of applicable experience to develop the competence required to meet the skills and responsibilities of the position.
Candidate / incumbent should possess the following:
1. Knowledge of and ability to apply contracting and pricing strategies to business-specific operations;
2. Ability to understand the organization's strategy and translate this into day-to-day contracting and pricing activities;
3. Experience working with sales or in a sales environment is critical;
4. Ability to facilitate interpretation and understanding of data, identify risks, develop recommendations and implement solutions;
5. Ability to build, maintain and develop professional relationships and partnerships within and outside of the immediate work environment;
6. Ability to consistently provide clear and concise written and verbal communication; excellent presentation skills;
7. Analytical and critical thinking skills; problem-solving skills; - ability or aptitude to utilize computer software applications to complete tasks.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.