$24.00/hr - $24.00/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Explore and excel. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Staffing Services.Apply today.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
The pay rate for this role is $24.00.
POSITION SUMMARY This position independently performs prescribed diagnostic sleep monitoring studies, which may include home sleep tests, to patients. This position analyzes the results to aide clinicians with diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and care of patients. This position acts as a resource to the department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Obtains artifact free sleep tracings that accurately reflect physiologic processes occurring during sleep of patients utilizing the latest technology.
2. Analyzes all types of sleep records of patients. Identifies and documents sleep stages and quantify physiologic processes during the data acquisition and summarizes this information as outlined by departmental policies and procedures.
3. Ensures an accurate and readable recording using deductive reasoning to trouble shoot minor problems and make adjustments as needed during the testing process.
4. Collects and/or reviews pertinent medical, historical, and medication information in order to perform the appropriate study prescribed by the physician as outlined by departmental policies and procedures.
5. Assists with the development of department policies, procedures and processes, facilitate testing and maintain quality to achieve optimal patient results.
6. Assists leadership with operations, scheduling, orientation and/or training of new technical staff. May conduct or lead educational in-services and case study presentations.
7. Ensures quality assurance standards as outlined by departmental policies and procedures in accordance with regulatory agencies.
8. Independently performs prescribed diagnostic sleep monitoring, which may include home sleep test, to patients and acts as a resource to the department. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires Registry by the Board of Polysomnographic Technologists or proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
The position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 3 years of experience in all aspects of sleep disorders testing. Must be proficient in the use and theory of all equipment related to sleep testing and a thorough knowledge of the sleep/wake cycle and its pathologies, as well as, EEG theory appropriate to sleep monitoring and cardiopulmonary physiology during sleep. Must demonstrate critical thinking skills, problem-solving abilities and effective communication skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.