Find your path in health care. When you join Banner Staffing Services, you join a team that puts patients first. You'll make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems and help make our patients' lives easier. Apply today.
Location: UMI Imaging Center (4291 N Campbell Ave, Tucson, AZ 85719
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes: employment, criminal and education) are required.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for scheduling patient treatments or diagnostic procedures for assigned area. Activities include pre-registration; receiving physician orders, insurance verification, gathering pre-authorizations and pre-certifications. Maintains records and produces statistical reports as required. May distribute educational materials to patients and families if needed in assigned department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Receives physician orders and seeks clarification, if necessary. Verifies insurance, obtains pre-authorizations and per-certifications. Answers all telephone inquiries related to scheduling.
2. Schedules patients for treatments or diagnostic procedures using computerized scheduling systems. Resolves scheduling conflicts, as needed. Documents all information regarding patient re-schedules.
3. Enters patient information in computerized scheduling system and gathers information and modifies records, as needed to maintain current database. Prepares charts and manages files within regulatory requirements. Compiles and reports statistical data, if needed by the assigned department.
4. Distributes educational materials to patients and families, when necessary. Responds to diverse questions or refers to appropriate clinical staff.
5. Provides administrative support to the assigned unit when required.
6. Incumbents in this position interface with physicians and their office staff, patients and family members and clinical staff and co-workers. Schedulers must have an understanding of what is entailed in the procedures and treatments that they schedule, physician preferences, and special needs related to particular diagnosis or age of the patients being served. Must be able to work with minimal supervision, set priorities and maintain highly confidential information.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
The position also requires skills and abilities typically attained with 2 years of medical clerical experience; preferably in a hospital central scheduling or physician office scheduling setting. Medical terminology is required. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills.
Must be proficient with commonly used office software and computers and possess the ability to use computerized scheduling systems. Must be able to maintain accurate statistical records, gather data, and produce reports. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.