Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered . Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes employment, criminal and education) is required.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing assistance with patient care treatment under the supervision of the therapist, in accordance with physician referral, state and national organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to assist with treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assist the therapist and assistant in providing patient care. Prepares the patient, treatment area and equipment for treatment. Anticipates therapist/assistant needs during treatment. Demonstrates understanding of fundamental treatment protocols. Performs components of patient treatment delegated by the supervising therapist as demonstrated by skill validation. Encourages patients to utilize learned strategies and ensures the safe practice of activities. Demonstrates understanding and follows treatment precautions.
2. Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, staffing shifts and other operational activities in the department. Demonstrates flexibility to adapt to various therapist styles and expectations. Demonstrates flexibility to adapt to various patient styles and expectations. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas (as position requires). Performs clerical and other non-clinical technician duties as assigned.
3. Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care. Communicates any observed changes in patient condition and/or response to activity to supervising therapist, and other appropriate staff. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Appropriately refers questions or concerns brought up by the patient, caregiver, or other healthcare providers to the therapist/assistant.
4. Self directed in completing daily responsibilities Demonstrates initiative in timely completion of assigned task. Readily accessible to therapist/assistant during scheduled hours. Seeks out opportunities for operational task during down time. Exhibits safe work habits and safety awareness.
5. Maintains an organized, clean environment. Maintains adequate levels of supplies. Follows policies when cleaning equipment. Follows guidelines for maintaining department equipment including cleaning logs. Participates in orienting new technician staff on ordering supplies and cleaning equipment.
6. May participate in charge entry and auditing processes. Enters charges and other department data accurately and efficiently. Identifies errors and takes responsibility to make corrections. Participates in orienting new technician staff on charge and data input procedures. In addition attends department meetings and/or follows up to obtain pertinent information. Participates in department/facility process improvement.
7. This position has responsibility for interacting with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families, and external contacts such as vendors.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. BLS certification required. Must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to follow established policies and treatment procedures Patient care equipment, evaluation tolls, and therapeutic modalities. Copier, multi-line/multi-feature telephone, fax machine, computer, pager, and miscellaneous office equipment
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Previous experience in a health care setting preferred Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.