A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
Arizona is a year-round destination. Sunny skies and low humidity prevail 300 days a year across the state. From awesome natural wonders to culinary treats, tribal lands, vibrant cities, world-class resorts, renowned golfing and historic Western towns, there are some truly breathtaking moments to be had in the Grand Canyon State.
As a Phlebotomist at Banner Del Webb Medical Center, you will join a fantastic team, working alongside our excellent clinical staff in this role to help provide care to our patients. This position works the day shift.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered . Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes employment, criminal and education) is required.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the collection and receipt of biological specimens, proper entry into the computer system, preparation of samples for analytical testing, and/or distribution of these specimens to the proper analytical area. This includes responsibility for pre and post aspects of analytical testing. This position will also perform specified analytical testing as assigned. This position may perform duties associated with blood donor registration services.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs specimen collection and patient preparation, ensuring correct patient and specimen identification and specimen integrity by using appropriate techniques as required. Aliquots and labels specimens according to established departmental procedures and practices, delivers specimens to the technical area in a timely manner and / or performs initial processing and preparation of samples for transport.
2. Verifies patient demographics, insurance, and diagnostic test information, and accurately enters data into appropriate systems to ensure accurate documentation and billing.
3. Focuses on quality by assuring that all work performed is accurate and complete. Initiates computer generated reports as required for patient reporting and quality assurance monitoring. Completes documents legibly and accurately per site protocol. Maintains familiarity with departmental procedures. Uses appropriate documentation to record communications.
4. Maintains laboratory equipment. Maintains clean, safe work environment and makes appropriate reagents/bleach. Performs other technical support functions as determined by the department. Trouble shoots routine problems within their area of responsibility.
5. Assists with inventory management and ordering of supplies. Recognizes and provides input towards opportunities for improvements in financial performance, to decrease costs, improve productivity, and improve service.
6. May perform assigned patient testing, including, but not limited, to EEG, EKG, spirometry and pulse oximetry. May perform collections for drug and alcohol screening, following chain of custody protocols.
7. May be assigned daily oversight of staff workflow, operations, financial activities, and safety and policy standards.
8. Primary contact is with patients, under the direction of the provider and/or clinical supervisor. Internal customers: employees within the organization. External customers: patients and family members, physicians, physician office staff, and other healthcare professionals.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. A current license in state practiced as required by state law.
May be required to possess a valid driver's license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Must be able to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Phlebotomy certification. Previous experience of at least six months in a clinical laboratory setting or completion of phlebotomy school.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.