Banner Staffing Services offers a world of opportunities to make an impact on one of the country's leading health systems. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a difference - you belong at Banner Staffing Services
As the internal staffing (registry) provider for Banner Health, Banner Staffing Services (BSS) provides opportunities within one of the country's leading health systems. The BSS team is dedicated to providing personal attention and professional support for its employees. Registry opportunities are a great way to market your skills within Banner Health. As a BSS employee, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular full-time or part-time opportunities within Banner Health.
In addition, registry employment through BSS offers:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement plan
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
BSS Registry positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. BSS requires: Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education).
POSITION SUMMARY This position functions in a support capacity for technology systems related to pharmacy procurement as it relates to the 340b Federal Drug Discount Program. This includes implementation, monitoring, analysis, troubleshooting and maintenance of the related computer software systems and databases. Serves as the liaison with all necessary affiliated departments and personnel to ensure compliance of the program. This position is responsible for the 340b Drug Discount Program and the management of the split billing system to ensure ongoing compliance with the US Department of Health Services and Resources Administration (HRSA) and all state and federal regulations.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides support in the maintenance and updating of technology systems related to the 340b program. Coordinate information gathering process, including file building and configuration to ensure data integrity and compliance.
2. Serves as a resource to physicians, hospital personnel, and pharmacy staff in interpreting department/hospital/system policies. Regarding 340b software systems, acts as a resource, and may provide training to pharmacy staff and related personnel ensuring all parties have appropriate understanding of the system.
3. Monitors and evaluates system activities to ensure systems run properly. Coordinates with Banner IT personnel and vendors for upgrades and maintenance, as needed. Identifies and resolves problems with the 340b system, as well as assists in the development and implementation of programs to improve and enhance capture rate (savings) and program compliance. This includes analyzing data reports and educating staff on research findings, as well as troubleshooting and resolving issues with existing system programs.
4. Interpret data, make recommendations and implement inventory changes in order to maintain safe, appropriate and compliant purchasing of pharmaceuticals. Assists in medication procurement process on an as needed basis. Requires updating and maintaining an active formulary crosswalk in the split billing software. This includes maintaining and integrating information from the pharmacy charge master system into the 340b split-billing system and maintaining system databases to reflect changes in drug formulary or product specifications.
5. Analyzes financial reports generated by the technology systems for the pharmacy department. Requires review and audit of hospital systems for medications administered in eligible locations and mixed use areas. This would include ensuring only 340B eligible outpatients receive 340b medications as well as analyzing and correcting diversion. Presents reports to management and assists with the resolution of issues identified.
6. Assumes the duties of the Acute Pharmacy Technician when needed and as appropriate. These duties may include, but not be limited to preparing, charging and crediting medications, restocking automated dispensing technology and compounding specialty medications and intravenous medications.
7. Participates in the following aspects of medication use: selection, procurement and storage, and distribution. Internal customers may include Patients, Nurses, Licensed Independent Practitioners, Nursing Directors, Department Directors, Administrators and other health care team members for the purpose of integrating services, improving patient care and ensuring effective communication systems. External customers may include local, state, and national pharmacy organizations, Joint commission, State Board of Pharmacy, colleagues and peers, educational institutions, pharmaceutical representatives, HRSA and independent 340b consultant.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
Requires pharmacy technician licensure in the state of practice (where applicable).
Pharmacy technician certification required.
Must demonstrate one to two years experience performing in a pharmacy technician role. Must also have proven experience working with automated technology systems related to pharmacy purchasing. Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must possess training in compounding intravenous medications and sterile products preparation. Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills, problem solving, and conflict resolution of the pharmacy department.
Must have knowledge of computer software, particularly Microsoft Excel and related applications as well as medication management information system.
Prefer experience as a Pharmacy Buyer in hospital pharmacy practice. Intermediate or Advanced skill level with Microsoft Excel preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.