Responsible for data management functions so that regulatory compliance policies and protocol (internal, state, and national) are adhered to and reporting results reflect this.
Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent experience) and < 1 year relevant industry
Ability to analyze and solve complex data problems
Previous experience using Estar and Red cap
Clinical experience preferred
Medical Terminology a plus
Shift: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Welcome to the Vanderbilt Occupational Health Clinic (OHC). The clinic is located in Medical Arts Building (6 th floor) at Vanderbilt University Medical Center. OHC provides timely evaluation and treatment of work-related injuries, illnesses and exposures. We also manage over 40 different programs to protect employees against specific work hazards. Travel vaccines and pre-travel consultations are available at no charge for employees going on international electives or other business travel. OHC operates a separate clinic, Vanderbilt Faculty/Staff Express Care, which provides treatment for non-work-related minor illnesses.
Our excellent, service-oriented patient care is directed and/or delivered by the collaborative, team-focused efforts of an interdisciplinary healthcare provider team including Attending Physicians and Nurse Practitioners. The Leadership Team is comprised of a Medical Director, a Clinic Manager, an Administrative Manager, and Office Supervisor. Clinic staff members include Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, and Patient Services Representatives.
We are committed to providing excellent service to our patients and a supportive and caring work environment for our staff.
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity -- of culture, thinking, learning and leading -- is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
* US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children's Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children's Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
* Healthcare's Most Wired: Among the nation's 100 "most-wired" hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
* Becker's Hospital Review: named as one of the "100 Great Hospitals in America", in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
* The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children's hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
* American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
* Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
* National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
* Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6 th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
Reviews and inputs regulatory compliance data into systems such as the Occupational Health information System (OHIS), REDCap, and eStar to minimize risk and enhance clinical efficiency
Resolves questions from customers about compliance-related issues
Quality assurance of data
Identifies and resolves data discrepancies, including reconciliation of OHIS-eStar error queue
Follows up with clinical and administrative staff to reconcile data issues revealed through QA
Participates in development of data capture tools
Trains new staff on departmental information systems
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
PROJECT COMMUNICATIONS (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate project communications in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Demonstrates fundamental command of the language and grammar. Clearly and effectively transmits basic ideas and information to others. Expresses technical information clearly. Demonstrates the ability to write in a clear, detailed, and comprehensive manner. Demonstrates an understanding of effective composition.
PROJECT COORDINATION - (NOVICE): - Provides administrative and logistics support for various meetings, training, workshops and facilitated sessions. Coordinates and tracks all work requests to ensure on time project delivery. Keeps plans updated and ensures key milestones and dependencies are understood. Responsible for record keeping for project meetings such as issues logs, gap analysis sheets, meeting minutes, making copies, team event planning and execution, team travel, on-boarding activities for contractors or consultants, set up and maintenance of project repositories.
PROJECT ISSUES MANAGEMENT (NOVICE): - Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate Issues Management in practical applications of moderate difficulty. Keeps control of all action items and the planned completion dates, and efficiently reports status and resolution to management.
PROJECT PLANNING - (NOVICE): - Demonstrates ability to realistically anticipate resource needs, identify and break work down into discrete and measurable tasks, set priorities, define dependencies, schedule activities, prepare acceptance criteria and organize work for a the continuum of projects. Appropriately matches equipment and capital resources to task demands. Reshapes project during life-cycle evolution, if needed. Demonstrates ability to break down work into manageable and measurable units, estimating time and costs appropriate to the project stage. Works with project management tools.
Organizational Impact: Delivers job responsibilities that impact own job area/team with some guidance.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Uses existing procedures, research and analysis to solve standard job related problems that may require some judgement.
Breadth of Knowledge: Requires subject matter knowledge within a professional area to meet job requirements.
Team Interaction: Individually contributes to project/ work teams.
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P1):
- Develops Self and Others: Continuously improves own skills by identifying development opportunities.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Seeks to understand colleagues' priorities, working styles and develops relationships across areas.
- Communicates Effectively: Openly shares information with others and communicates in a clear and courteous manner.
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P1):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service.
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P1):
- Performs Excellent Work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P1):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error.
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P1):
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them.
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action.
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work.
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is home to Vanderbilt University Hospital, The Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt, the Vanderbilt Psychiatric Hospital and the Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital. These hospitals experienced more than 61,000 inpatient admissions during fiscal year 2015. Vanderbilt’s adult and pediatric clinics treated nearly 2 million patients during this same period. Vanderbilt University Hospital and the Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt are recognized again this year by U.S. News & World Report’s Best Hospitals as among the nation’s best with 18 nationally ranked specialties. Vanderbilt University Medical Center is world renowned because of the innovation, work ethic and collegiality of its employees. From our health care advances to our compassionate care, Vanderbilt owes its accomplishments and reputation to staff and faculty who bring skill and drive and innovation to the medical center day after day. World-leading academic departments and comprehensive centers of excellence pursue scientific discoveries and transformational educational and clinical advances across the entire spectrum of health and disease.As t...he largest employer in middle Tennessee, we welcome those who are interested in ongoing development in a caring, culturally sensitive and professional atmosphere. Most of us spend so much of our lives at work, we want to be part of maintaining a workplace in which people support one another and encourage reaching for excellence. Many high-achieving employees stay at Vanderbilt because of the professional growth they experience and because of their appreciation of Vanderbilt’s benefits, public events and discussions, athletic opportunities, beautiful setting and, above all, sense of community and purpose.Vanderbilt and its employees share a set of mutual expectations that have been created with productivity, legality, fairness and safety always in mind. We believe that our investment in training and compensating employees multiplies in value when we enable individuals to deliver their best performance for the benefit of us all.