In accordance with Colorado's EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Staffing Services, we're excited about what the future holds for health care. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If you're ready to change lives, apply today.
Banner Staffing Services (BSS) offers Registry/Per Diem opportunities within Banner Health. Registry/Per Diem positions are utilized as needed within our facilities. These positions are great way to start your career with Banner Health. As a BSS team member, you are eligible to apply (at any time) as an internal applicant to any regular opportunities within Banner Health.
As a valued and respected Banner Health team member, you will enjoy:
Flexible Schedules (select positions)
Fewer Shifts Cancelled
403(b) Pre-tax retirement
Employee Assistance Program
Employee wellness program
Discount Entertainment tickets
Auto Purchase Plan
Registry/Per Diem positions do not have guaranteed hours and no medical benefits package is offered. Completion of post-offer Occupational Health physical assessment, drug screen and background check (includes; employment, criminal and education) is required.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for a high level of technical knowledge and application of that knowledge to department testing, clinical relevance, and complex problem solving skills. This position serves as a department resource, and is responsible for assisting with department compliance with all pertinent laboratory accrediting agency and regulatory requirements (e.g., CLIA '88, JCAHO, CAP, OSHA).
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Utilizes leadership skills to organize and perform patient testing and facilitate overall function of the lab. Ensures quality results through the use and evaluation of control materials, proper instrument maintenance, and collection and analysis of appropriate samples.
2. Evaluates waived, moderately complex and highly complex test results and provides clinical expertise to patient care staff in interpretation of results and/or complex lab problems.
3. Recognizes abnormal results or unusual circumstances and takes appropriate actions. Utilizes available resources to maintain and fix instruments and assist other laboratory personnel in resolving issues.
4. Identifies current professional and technical issues and their impact on lab practices.
5. Maintains appropriate accreditation as required by regulatory agencies. Provides input into developing new methods and instruments. Maintains current knowledge and skills applicable to job assignment through continuing education or professional organizations.
6. Orders and maintains inventory of testing supplies in designated area. Recognizes and provides input for opportunities for improvements in financial performance.
7. May provide input into hiring, orientation, educational needs, performance reviews and disciplinary functions of other laboratory personnel.
8. This position functions under general supervision with after the fact review. This position has an advanced working knowledge of all laboratory functions for patient care and acts as a department resource by participating in providing educational information to internal and external customers. This position is accountable for highly complex test results and provides clinical expertise to patient care staff in interpretation of results. Contacts include patients, families, physicians, facility staff, local and out of state clinic staff, and local and out of state laboratory staff, legal system and various community personnel. In the absence of on-site department leadership personnel, this position fulfills regulatory requirements of general lab supervisor and may assume leadership responsibility.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
NOTE: The core functions are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties. Specific tasks or responsibilities will be documented as outlined by the incumbent's immediate manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Students may be hired at the job title equivalent to their future certification under the following conditions: Student is enrolled in a clinically recognized program (MLS), Student's Clinical rotation in the core area must be completed prior to working in that core area and Student must complete program and pass certification test within one year of hire. Where no certification is available a Bachelor's Degree with two years experience is required.
MLS/ASCP certification or equivalent. (Equivalent is defined as ASCP, AMT, HEW, AAB.) If no current U.S. certification, it must be obtained within one year. Individuals with specialty certification may only work in the discipline of their specialty. A current license in state practiced as required by state law.
Demonstrates excellent problem solving skills, and high level of self-motivation. Communicates effectively in oral and written formats sufficient to demonstrate comprehension. Use of mathematics, performance of detailed work; working with frequent interruptions, multi-tasking, problem solving, and memorization, Ability to take direction and assimilate instructions quickly.
Basic computer skills are required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor's Degree in Clinical Laboratory Science preferred. Specialty certification in department's area and Bachelor's degree in a chemical or biological science preferred with exceptional skills and highly developed interpersonal skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.