Under general supervision, assists provider including all back office duties. Provides nursing support with various functions such as; invasive procedures, medication administration, performing appointment and registration scheduling functions. Assists the RN with clinical clerical functions. Ensures smooth work and patient flow within the clinic.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
1. Knowledge of medical office practice.
2. Knowledge of examination, diagnostic, and treatment room procedures.
3. Knowledge of and the ability to use medical equipment and instruments to administer patient care.
4. Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment.
5. Skill in assisting in a variety of treatments as directed.
6. Skill in taking vital signs. Skill in maintaining records and recording test results.
7. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, employees, physicians and the public.
8. Ability to maintain quality control standards.
9. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
10. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
11. Ability to communicate clearly. Ability to use computers and computer systems.
12. Bilingual skills preferred.
1. High School diploma or GED required.
2. Graduation from an accredited program in Medical Office Assisting or an accredited program of Licensed Practical Nursing with an active LPN license required.
Completion of a 160 hour Externship or 6 months direct patient care experience in an outpatient setting required.
Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers certification required.
Location: Pavilion H
Shift: Days, Monday - Friday
Work Type: Full time
All job applicants for safety-sensitive positions must pass a pre-employment drug test, once a conditional offer of employment has been made.
Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality academic health care system that is considered a model for the nation. The Denver Health system includes the Rocky Mountain Regional Level I Trauma Center, a 525-bed acute care medical center, Denver's 911 emergency medical response system, 8 family health centers, 15 school-based health centers, the Rocky Mountain Poison and Drug Center, the Denver Public Health Department, an HMO, and The Denver Health Foundation.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health is a mission-driven organization that has provided more than $3.3 billion in care for the uninsured in the last ten years. Denver Health is a leader in performance and quality improvements and remains financially secure, in part, due to its nationally recognized implementation of lean principles in healthcare. Denver Health is a major resource to the community, serving approximately 185,000 individuals and 67,000 children a year.
Located just south of downtown Denver, Denver Health is just minutes away from many of the cultural and recreational activities Denver has to offer.
We strongly support diversity in the workforce and Denver Health is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
"Denver Health is committed to provide equal treatment and equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Denver Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class."
Internal Number: 2419
About Denver Health
Take your career to the next level at Denver Health, where we offer a robust benefits package and endless opportunities for growth. Denver Health is a nationally-ranked, locally-trusted, premier healthcare institution located in the heart of Denver, Colorado.Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care here. We are known as an integrated health care system that encompasses multidisciplinary academic specialties, a community health system, a level I adult trauma center, pediatric emergency and urgent care center home to Denver Public Health and many of the nation’s leaders in medicine.