The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) provides patient care and education for workforce members throughout Harris Health System (Harris Health) under the supervision of the registered nurse, advanced practice registered nurse, physician assistant, or physician. The LVN uses the nursing process to ensure physical, social, psychological and spiritual needs are met. The LVN is responsible for assisting in the determination of predictable healthcare needs of workforce members within structured healthcare settings who are experiencing common, well-defined health problems with predictable outcomes. The LVN utilizes a systematic approach to provide individualized, goal-directed nursing care. The LVN coordinates care between members of the healthcare team to optimize the workforce members understanding of their condition and care requirements within the LVN scope of practice. A professional LVN assists with functions required in developing and implementing an effective programs within Occupational Health Services (OHS).
Education/Licensure/Specialized Training: a. Education: Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing b. Licensure/Certification: Current licensure as a Licensed Vocational Nurse in the state of Texas.
2. Work Experience: 1 year experience in area of specialty preferred
3. Equipment Operated: Computer, Scanner, Photocopier, Fax, and Printer as well as other departmental and medical equipment.
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact) Exceptional Verbal (Public Speaking) Bilingual: Preferred Writing/Composing
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Mathematics, Medical Terminology, P.C.,Word Processing
Research [Preferred] Statistical [Preferred]
3. Advanced Education Preference: N/A
4. Work Schedule: Weekends: Flexible, Weekdays, Overtime, Travel, On-Call
5. Other Requirements: Ability to collect, compile and interpret data. Self-organizational skills, requires minimal supervision. Basic knowledge of Occupational Health Procedures. Familiar with Quality Improvement/Utilization Management functions and external regulatory agency requirement. Basic knowledge of Microsoft functions. May require extended hours in addition to weekend/holidays for special projects/extenuating circumstances.
The Harris Health System is a fully integrated healthcare system that cares for all residents of Harris County, Texas. We are the first accredited healthcare institution in Harris County to be designated by the National Committee for Quality Assurance as a Patient-Centered Medical Home, and are one of the largest systems in the country to achieve the quality standard. Our system includes 23 community health centers, five school-based clinics, a dental center and dialysis center, mobile health units, a rehabilitation and specialty hospital and two full-service hospitals.Ben Taub Hospital is a world renowned Level I Trauma Center with 586 licensed acute-care beds and provides a wide range of specialty care outpatient services. Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital is a 328 licensed bed acute-care hospital with a newly expanded Level III trauma center and a distinguished regional center for neonatal intensive care for high-risk deliveries.Harris Health is a teaching system for Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth). We train the next generation of healthcare providers on the latest medical procedures and technological breakthroughs.With... our fully integrated electronic medical records system, we offer patients the convenience and assurance that their medical history is accurate, safe and available when and where it is needed. Our Medical Home designation ensures that we offer a full range of preventive, specialty and acute care services for the entire family.