Safety Specialist - Occupational Safety (Attapulgus, GA)-1903756 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2019. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Safety Specialist (1903756) - Attapulgus, GA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are looking for a professional like you who is capable of successfully supporting occupational safety and industrial hygiene at the BASF Attapulgus Site. The Attapulgus Site manufactures fluidized cracking catalyst for the petroleum refining industry in an effective, safe, and environmentally acceptable manner.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
* Leveraging your education and work background in Occupational Safety, as well as your knowledge of related technologies and regulations, you will provide technical and regulatory expertise to ensure occupational safety compliance at the site as part of a zero-incident mindset and be responsible for coordinating Industrial Hygiene (IH) support and oversight for the site.
* As a trusted advisor, you will work with management on identified EHS issues / recommendations / opportunities to foster continuous improvement of EHS programs and culture.
* Demonstrating your commitment to BASF corporate initiatives, you will assist sites with the implementation of BASF's Responsible Care(r) Management Systems (RCMS) including, but not limited to, Control of Hazardous Energy - Lockout/Tagout, Confined Space, Hot Work, Fall Protection, Powered Industrial Trucks, and Hazard Communication.
* As a role model, you will reinforce a culture of behavior-based safety and support emergency response activities.
* Additionally, you will be responsible for data interpretation, data communication (monitoring reports and control recommendation), and regulatory compliance relating to occupational health and safety.
* Engaging with others both inside and outside of the organization, you will participate in capital project reviews consistent with the level of safety expertise needed and support the interface with regulatory agencies and third parties on compliance and enforcement issues as needed.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you--the whole you--in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.