Pack/Ship Operator-2000142 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with strong emphasis process safety, as well as safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team--especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development.
Where the Chemistry Happens...
Pack/Ship Operator (2000142) - Vidalia, LA
This position is responsible for material handling for the Vidalia warehouse. Responsibilities Include but are not limited to:
* Movement of material in the warehouse * Loading and unloading trucks * Weighing material * Packaging material in various packaging types, ensuring that product is appropriately labeled. * Able to successfully complete all required EHS and quality training, to include forklift driving test * Ability to safely lift 50 pounds * Ability to work overtime
Candidates must demonstrate the following competencies:
* Analytical Thinking, Quality Orientation & Attention to Detail * Business & Financial Acumen * Team Working * Work Management * Communication & Interpersonal Skills * Entrepreneurial Action * Customer Focus * Strategic Thinking * Striving for Achievement
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Ingredients for Success: What We Look For in You...
* High school diploma or GED * Minimum of 2 years' experience in a warehouse/material handling role.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in a warehouse/material handling role.
* Minimum of 2 years' experience working with machinery including values, conveyers, and blowers.
* Fork truck driving experience is strongly preferred. * Minimum of 2 years' experience in loading and unloading trucks with material. * Minimum of 2 years' experience in packaging material.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BASF recognizes institutions of higher education accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Primary Location: US-LA-Vidalia
Function: LOSC - Logistics, Supply Chain & Customer Service
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: G-CCP/OM-Production North America-63021381
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.