The Risk Management Services Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire an Executive Director, Risk Management to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Oversees and evaluates comprehensive university insurance programs, health and safety, risk and emergency management programs, services, operations and activities for the university.
* Initiates, develops, and implements new programs to improve organizational effectiveness and limit the risk of exposing the university to potential health and safety hazards, or liability exposures.
* Develops and implements tools and methods that utilize technology to analyze data and assess programs, processes and risk throughout the university.
* Establishes and maintains an effective partnership with internal university partners to include the Chief Compliance Officer, Office of General Counsel, Facilities, and Law Enforcement. Serves as the key liaison and partner to local, state, and federal agencies regarding areas of responsibility.
* Consults with and advises university senior leaders on risk management issues.
* Oversees departmental personnel by setting strategic direction and goals that align with the university mission and vision, and is responsible for creating a culture of engagement while also focusing on employee development and training.
* Oversees the departmental budget and is responsible for ensuring fiscal health. Responsible for ensuring forecasts and projections are created annually in order to plan for expenses while also assessing needs for the department and university.
* Consults with academic, research, and service organizations on campus with respect to implementation of risk management and environmental health and safety policies, guidelines, and standards.
* Focuses on building strong relationships and partnerships with campus leaders as well as UNT System leadership where appropriate.
* Represents the University in matters dealing with risk management and environmental health and safety with other educational institutions.
* Observes safety and security precautions appropriate to work performed.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree in related field and at least eight (8) years of closely related professional experience. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Knowledge of the theory and practice of risk management and environmental management.
* Ability to plan and organize, direct and lead the work of others.
* Effective written and oral communications skills.
* Demonstrated career progression.
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and coordinate multifaceted requirements across the spectrum of risk management and environmental services.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Professional certification in risk management and insurance.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
Internal Number: 155661
About University of North Texas
Established in 1890, UNT is one of the nation's largest public universities with over 39,000 students. As a public research university, UNT is deeply committed to advancing educational excellence and preparing students to become thoughtful, engaged citizens of the world. This is accomplished through a broad and balanced array of programs where well-prepared students and dedicated scholars and artists collaborate with our local and global communities in the creation, integration, application and dissemination of knowledge. In this way, UNT creates an enriched and sustainable future for our students, state, nation and world.