GSPH-Environmental/Occupational Health - Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh - (19004775)
The University Of Pittsburgh Graduate School Of Public Health Department of Environmental/Occupational Health is seeking a Research Technician.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Prep and maintain of surgical instruments and monitoring equipment for acute and chronic animal surgeries
2. Organize and maintain lab space, equipment and supplies
3. Maintain relevant research protocols and assist with developing new protocols.
4. Identify potential problems and suggest changes if necessary.
5. Post-operative care and health monitoring of animals
6. Data processing and collection with planning data.
7. Assist with manuscript presentation and grant preparations.
8. Organize lab meetings, and preparations for conferences.
9. Coordinate tissue processing and other lab activities.
10. Work with mouse studies and primary cultures of mouse and human cells and adult stem cells as well as perform assays.
11. General lab assistance and training of personnel on animal care. Candidate must be proficient in MS Powerpoint MS word, Excel and have a basic understanding of statistical analysis.
Candidate must also have experience with MS access, SharePoint, Adobe illustrator/photoshop, matiab and labview will be highly beneficial. A Degree in Biomedical Sciences is preferred. Preference to candidate with experience in the cellular and molecular science, microscopy/imaging, mammalian cell culture and in vivo animal studies.
Desired to have cell biology, statistics, chemistry biochemistry, histology and physiology demonstrated in transcripts. Experience in live animal handling.
Assignment Category: Fulltime-Regular
Job Classification: Staff.Research.III
Minimum Education Level Required: Baccalaureate
Minimum Experience Level Required: 2-3 years experience
Work Schedule: M-F 8:30-5pm
Hiring Range: TBD Based on qualifications
Relocation Offered: No
Visa Sponsorship Provided: No
Background Check: For position finalists, employment with the University will require successful completion of a background check
Child Protection Clearances: Not Applicable
Required Documents: Resume, Cover Letter
Optional Documents: Writing Sample
Internal Number: 19004775
About University of Pittsburgh
Founded in 1787, the same year the U.S. Constitution was signed, the University of Pittsburgh is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in the United States. One of three state-related research universities in Pennsylvania, Pitt is a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU), which comprises 62 preeminent doctorate-granting research institutions in North America.Pitt faculty members have expanded knowledge in the humanities and sciences, earning such prestigious honors as the National Medal of Science, the MacArthur Foundation’s “genius” grant, the Lasker-DeBakey Clinical Medical Research Award, and election to the National Academy of Sciences and the Institute of Medicine. Pitt scientists have defeated polio, unlocked the secrets of DNA, lead the world in organ transplantation, and pioneered TV and heavier-than-air flight, among numerous other accomplishments.Pitt students have earned Rhodes, Goldwater, Marshall, and Truman Scholarships, among other highly competitive national and international scholarships.Alumni have pioneered MRI and TV, won Nobel and Pulitzer Prizes, led corporations and universities, served in government and the military, conquered Hollywood and The New York Times bestsellers list, and won Super Bowls and NBA championships.