Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
''Innovation is facilitated by having the right people in the
right roles with the right skills and values.''
- Charles Koch, Koch Industries Chairman and CEO
Georgia-Pacific is seeking an Health and Safety Manager to provide leadership and presence at our Newington, NH facility. The H&S Manager provides leadership and direction by collaborating with front-line leaders and business partners to develop H&S strategies aligning with Georgia-Pacific’s visions. H&S Managers are dedicated to developing and mentoring the production team relating to H&S. Value is created by ensuring risk is aggressively identified and mitigated. The H&S Manager will report directly to the Facility Manager, with a dotted-line relationship to the Division H&S Manager.
The Georgia-Pacific facility in Newington, NH produces a variety of gypsum wallboard products. Newington has a team-based environment whose members work collaboratively to produce high-quality building products. To learn more about our Building Products division, visit www.buildgp.com. To learn more about our gypsum products, visit www.gpgypsum.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Providing leadership and direction in establishing and achieving a meaningful H&S vision and effective strategies through management commitment and employee ownership
* Ensuring leaders and employees are trained and equipped to manage safety
* Facilitating H&S ownership and accountability by the line organization
* Sharing and seeking out knowledge
* Ensuring change is identified and proactively and effectively managed
* Driving continuous improvement through the use of tools and activities, including: self-assessments and audit processes; incident/near miss investigations; metrics and targets and periodic reviews of performance, culture and talent
* Communicating facility H&S vision, strategies, and performance to internal and external stakeholders
* Assisting in return-to-work strategy implementation
* Utilizing training and development plans to grow H&S knowledge and skills
* Ensuring people, property and information of Georgia-Pacific are protected through strict compliance with Georgia-Pacific’s Security Standard.
* Working with Corporate Security to identify and mitigate security risks
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor's degree or higher
* Two (2) or more years of H&S experience in an industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process environment OR a current Georgia Pacific ELP
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Bachelor's degree in Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Environmental Policy or Chemistry
* CSP or CIH or demonstrated progress towards achieving certification.
* Experience in leading culture change and developing/implementing management systems.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube