Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Environmental Engineer (Water) - This role will work within the Brewton Mill Environmental team, helping ensure compliance with the State of Alabama and federal environmental regulations for this fully integrated pulp and paper mill through the application of the Market Based Management® (MBM®) Framework and Guiding Principles. The selected individual will be expected to implement and maintain environmental management systems that promote environmental excellence. In addition, the individual will support the facility’s efforts in conforming to company policies and procedures, such as Georgia-Pacific's Environmental Compliance Standards. This role will initially be focused on wastewater treatment system and storm water compliance and permitting.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Serve as point of contact for water compliance for Mill
* Obtain and maintain necessary permits and licenses for wastewater, storm water, potable water, and water withdrawal for the Mill.
* Maintain and ensure compliance with various water-related plans (e.g., SPCC, BMP, SWPPP, etc.)
* Provide support to the Environmental Team in developing, executing and maintaining site compliance with permits and wastewater, potable water, and water withdrawal regulatory requirements.
* Prepare and submit required regulatory reports to outside agencies
* Track key compliance metrics and implement systems to improve performance
* Identify and deliver training required for water related compliance and implement training for operations, maintenance, engineering personnel, and other facility staff and maintain adherence to Company compliance standards
* Manage on-site wastewater treatment system
* Coordinate sampling and analysis, direct work for several laboratory technicians.
* Maintain and grow knowledge of relevant federal and State laws, as well as environmental process technologies and share this knowledge with other GP facilities
* Manage environmental projects associated with the wastewater treatment system and related processes.
* Professionally represent facility at agency meetings and during agency inspections
* Effectively interact with division/corporate environmental and legal resources to seek the best knowledge
* Rotate with other team members to provide support on weekends, holidays and vacation coverage.
* Work in a tobacco free environment
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering, pulp & paper technology, or related physical science discipline
* 3+ years’ experience in an environmental engineering/compliance role
What Will Put You Ahead?
* Experience working in pulp & paper or other large manufacturing industry
* Experience in managing wastewater treatment systems and storm water compliance/permitting
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube