Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Occupational Safety Specialist – Safety & Health Professional
Georgia-Pacific Containerboard division is currently seeking a talented Safety Professional to join our team at the Big Island, Virginia mill. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America and Europe. Georgia-Pacific is an independently managed and operated company of Koch Industries, Inc., a private company headquartered in Wichita, Kansas.
The Occupational Specialist is a mid-level position within the facility. The successful candidate should have the skills necessary to provide safety and health leadership to the mill, the ability to help ensure systems effectively address the mill’s S&H risks, help develop and/or align the S&H strategy according to the mill’s S&H plan, and assist with facilitating S&H ownership by the line organization.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
* Assist in the development and implementation of core Safety and Health programs. The core elements include, but are not limited to, LOTO, Safe Work Permitting, Confined Space, Hearing Conservation, Workers Comp., Industrial Hygiene, Recordkeeping, Incident Investigation, and Emergency Preparedness.
* Understand and adhere to MBM Guiding Principles and Code of Conduct
* Assist in the management, development and sustainability of site Security Program
* Demonstrate compliance with all applicable laws, regulations and GP safety & health compliance standards
* Strive to create value for the mill through effective implementation of GP safety and health requirements
* Understand the mill’s safety & health vision and take action to help achieve the vision
* Demonstrate safe work practices and lead by example
* Identify risks and develop measures to mitigate risks within the mill
* Development and execution of S&H-related initiatives and look for improvement opportunities
* Assist in developing and conducting safety & health training to mill personnel in an effective manner
* Seek feedback/input of others to better understand and make improvements to S&H initiatives
What You Will Need:
* Bachelor’s degree in Safety & Health, Industrial Hygiene, or other safety science or engineering field
* Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in the industrial safety and health field preferably in a manufacturing environment, OR 6 months relevant work experience within GP Safety ELP program.
What Will Put You Ahead?
Basic Industrial Hygiene and emergency medical training and safety certifications a plus
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Follow us GP-LinkedIn GP-Twitter GP-Facebook GP-YouTube