| Lead Test Consultant – Test Environment and Test Data Management |
Role Value Proposition: MetLife is leading the global transformation in its industry. Within Global Technology and Operations (GTO), the centralized TechQA organization, tasked with all software testing, is looking for you to provide technical strategic leadership for the overall Test Delivery organization. You will act as a subject matter expert in the Test Engineering group and you will guide the partnership with employees and vendors in the Test Delivery organization, along with application, infrastructure, and vendor technical leadership to ensure organizational, functional and technical architectural alignment.
The focus of the role posted here is to provide advanced industry leading expertise in advancing the concepts on Test Environment and Test Data Management within MetLife testing. As part of the Test Engineering organization, skills in the following areas are also valuable as members of the team will sometimes cross roles: • DevOps and Agile testing processes and tools
• Testing tools evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance
• Automation framework and implementation
• Test architectural reviews and evaluations on new projects
• Broad business functional and application knowledge of MetLife systems portfolio
The GTO group is a diverse team of engineers, developers, and business and project managers with the freedom to create innovative solutions to core business challenges within MetLife. TechQA is the consolidated software testing organization within GTO. Test Engineering is a sub-organization of TechQA that acts as a centralized services provider and consultant to the Test Delivery organization.
· Responsible for the overall quality of technology testing deliverables across all parameters specifically around Test Data and Environment Management and build managmentWorks to synthesize multiple streams of work coming into the QA organization and planning environments sufficiently in advance for testing
· Use a broad understanding of the business functions and applications to recommend efficient way to test or simulate testing of end to end functions.
· Maintains a “big and complete” picture view of the project/programs, its dependencies, business goals, technology arena, etc. and helps guide & direct the functioning of the Testing delivery teams appropriately.
· Results-oriented and has a high degree of accountability, commitment and responsibility.
· Involved in improvements in testing tools and methodologies
· Maintains knowledge of the testing processes, technology and infrastructure
· Works on strategic enterprise initiatives (facilitation, strategic analysis, etc.)
· Works with release management teams to determine sequencing of releases into the test environments
· Creates new virtual environments for automation, performance, test data management and functional testing
· Works with IT to define best data management approaches for QA
· Works with AD teams to determine how to build and enhance applications to maximize testability and ensure application stability (technical and strategic)
· Provides expertise to less experienced staff and colleagues on other teams.
· Interacts with vendor consultants to identify and implement solutions for optimizing operating efficiency of production systems and processes
· Provides expertise in testing across the broader ITG organization
· Participates in setting direction for the testing organization
· Works to increase value by identifying new cost savings or process improvements
Technologies: • Application monitoring tools such as AppDynamics and Splunk
• Test data management tools such as Informatica, DB2 and Optim