Job Title: Sr. Industrial Hygienist
Job Location: NASA’s Kennedy Space Center, FL
Job type: Regular, Full-time
Job Classification: Exempt
Where to apply: imssfl.com
Provides technical direction and direct the activities of industrial hygienists and field technicians, with responsibility for planning, training, and technical direction of industrial hygiene activities aerospace and aerospace supporting activities at the Multi-User Spaceport. Ensures compliance with Federal, State, local, or NASA / USAF regulations, programs or contractual requirements.
- Plans and monitors departmental field and office activities and industrial hygiene methods, and ensures compliance with program and contractual requirements. Establishes job priorities and operating procedures, and makes direct technical evaluations for job and worker safety. Performs work in the field to observe hazardous processes and controls, observe industrial hygiene activities, respond to emergencies, and perform site walk-downs for planning purposes as needed.
- Reviews data and ensures the quality and timeliness of technical reports. Responds to customer and internal inquiries, investigations and resolves issues of technical concern. Evaluates program data to determine trends in technical quality and regulatory compliance. Prepares and presents periodic program review reports.
- Provides customer with technical expertise and serves as primary technical liaison or resource within specific area as assigned or requested including for areas of operational requirements, regulatory impacts, or design reviews. Maintains all required certification and licensure to sign technical reports, findings, and documentation.
- Ensures the proper maintenance and operation of equipment, including instrumentation required for fulfillment of program requirements. Reviews equipment inventory, maintenance, and calibration records, plan requirements and prepare documentation for capital expenditures for replacement or upgrade of equipment as required.
- Supports company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA, VPP, ISO, and other regulatory or conformance standards.
- Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the company safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility.
- Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies “close calls” and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area. Able to directly supervise multiple small teams to ensure project completion.
Education / Training:
Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Health, or a science-related discipline and five years experience within the field of specialty is required. Certification by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene is required. Master’s degree in a science related discipline is preferred.
EPA accreditation for asbestos facility inspector, project designer and management planner preferred.
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
This position requires complete knowledge of all principles within a specified technical discipline, Federal, state, local, or NASA regulations relating to areas of specialty, supervisory, scheduling and planning techniques, data management and reporting.
Requires the ability to read and interpret written information and effectively communicate verbally and in writing where information includes scientific or technical terminology.
Must thrive in a team atmosphere and effectively work with all levels of employees. General office environment may require minor lifting and bending.
Complies with all Company safety policies and site-specific safety procedures. Participates in and supports the KEMCON safety program. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Identifies potential hazards, concerns, and safety incidents and reports to supervisory personnel.
IMSS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace