The Corporate Industrial Hygienist will become the key person for all Quanta Operating Units when addressing health issues. This position will develop written policies, procedures and training to support each operating Unit’s Industrial Hygiene needs. The position will also support Quanta Services Safety team in ensuring written safety program compliance throughout the organization.
SCOPE: Corporate and Operating Units
ESSENTIAL/ NON-ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Supports operating companies Safety Leads in identifying Industrial Hygiene issues.
- Develops corporate and operating company policies addressing Industrial Hygiene issues.
- Coordinates the monitoring of exposure data throughout the Quanta Operating Units.
- Develops safety program audit that ensures written program compliance with federal/state regulations.
- Conduct periodic written program compliance audits of each Quanta Operating Units.
- Supports Project execution when Industrial Hygiene concerns arise.
- Serves as a point of contact for Operating Units for all Industrial Hygiene inquiries.
- Works with Quanta Safety, Health & Environmental Team on updating and developing Corporate Safety Management Systems as needed.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Hygiene and a minimum of 5 years of industrial hygienist experience in construction applications
- At least 13 years of industrial hygienist experience in construction applications in lieu of education and experience mentioned above
- Must have experience in writing safety policies and procedures;
- Ability to train employees on a variety of safety related topics.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience in the Utility Construction field is a plus.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
Certified Safety professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designations preferred
Percent of time: up to 75%
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
Communication Skills: Advanced level of English knowledge required
Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Advanced level required
Computer Skills: Intermediate level user of MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Creative problem solving
- Ability to interact with senior management
- Ability to establish effective working relationships; communication, interpersonal skills at all levels