Production Engineer-1804454 We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, citizenship, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, disability status, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
At BASF , we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world's leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America's Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Production Engineer – MDI (1804454) – Geismar, LA
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to provide day-to-day support of our MDI area within our Chemical Monomers (CM) group in Geismar, LA. The Chemical Monomers group offers a comprehensive portfolio of organic and inorganic basis materials and innovative specialties. With our monomers and basic polymers, we create durable links for the success of our customers worldwide.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
Formula for Success
· Leveraging your educational background in Chemical Engineering and professional experience in chemical/petrochemical or similar manufacturing environment , you will take ownership of several units within the complex driving safety, production, and continuous improvement.
· Working collaboratively within the business, you will work with Maintenance, Asset Management, Technology, Engineering, and other BASF MDI plants around the world to drive results.
Demonstrating your proven troubleshooting and analytical skills, you will provide technical support and troubleshooting expertise to the Daily Operational Team.
· As a role model, you will mentor and train employees for success.
· Your strong commitment to workplace safety will be essential as you will be on-call and respond to any after-hour event that impacts production or EHS.
· Successfully engaging outside the organization, you will interface with suppliers, customers, and vendors as needed to maintain plant operation.
· Driving strategic decisions for the business, you will provide guidance and input to the achievement and development of plant goals, objectives, and operational budgets.
· Your ability to adapt to regular changes in priorities is necessary in this role as you will encounter occasions to support plant outages and take part in Commissioning and Startup of a major new production unit.
Your solid attention to detail will be critical as you provide technical and leadership support in root cause failure analysis for production, EHS, and Quality incidents.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you'll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
At BASF, we create chemistry – and have been doing so for 150 years. Our portfolio ranges from chemicals, plastics, performance products and crop protection products to oil and gas. As the world’s leading chemical company, we combine economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility. Through science and innovation, we enable our customers in nearly every industry to meet the current and future needs of society. Our products and solutions contribute to conserving resources, ensuring nutrition and improving quality of life. We have summed up this contribution in our corporate purpose: We create chemistry for a sustainable future.