PeaceHealth is seeking a RN Employee Health for a 1.0 full time equivalent Exempt position. This position will be working Day shift with shift durations of 9 Hours .
Req ID: 166257
Establishes standards of practice in occupational health and works with the employee safety manager to ensure responsible management of employee health concerns.
1. Conducts post-offer immunization screenings, evaluates accident and illness incident reports, and assesses needs for education and immunizations according to specific job classifications.
2. Investigates and manages exposures to blood borne pathogens as well as other exposures to contagious diseases utilizing, comprehensive case management approach.
3. Maintains programs and services as required to remain in compliance with OSHA and JCAHO standards and mandates.
4. Participates in developing patient care aspects of onsite programs including development and implementation of policies and procedures to maintain the program.
5. Assists in the development and implementation of new policies and programs and continuous quality improvement activities.
6. Responsible for infectious disease prevention, surveillance and post exposure treatment and follow up.
7. Conducts new hire medical screening; TB screening; immunization of healthcare workers against specific illnesses.
8. Maintains confidential healthcare worker medical files.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.
Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of practice required.
Current BLS (Basic Life Support) certification required at date of hire.
Minimum of three years of current nursing practice required, preferably in an acute care setting.
Demonstrated knowledge and interest in OSHA regulations, occupational safety, occupational exposure management, injury/illness intervention and case management
Demonstrated ability to operate a personal computer: proficiency in Microsoft Office
Public speaking and community education program development and presentations
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Vancouver community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Vancouver , SW Administration Building (151) Job Category: Nursing Shift: Day Shift Length: 9 Hours FTE: 1.0 Work Type: Full Time Hourly compensation starts at: $ 35.55 , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure: Basic Life Support; Registered Nurse - Washington
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Vancouver || Nursing || Other - Nursing || Full Time || HUMAN RESOURCES
Internal Number: 166257
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.