Under general supervision, employees of this classification perform duties such as: updating and/or editing maps and/or design drawings using geographic information systems (GIS) or computer aided design (CAD) technology.; reading and/or interpreting maps, blueprints, survey documents, or sketches, scan and print plans and file and/or organize digital plans. Utilizes current Countywide and/or department specific software to complete assignments.
At the time of application, applicants must:
1. Must be a high school graduate or have a certificate of successful completion of the General Education Development Test; AND
2. Have had at least three (3) months of full-time experience performing or assisting with GIS, engineering, community planning, surveying, property assessing, architectural work, or relevant computer applications.
NOTE: Seven (7) credits from an accredited college or university in an engineering curriculum may substitute for the experience described above.
3. Possess a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license. Out of Country driver's license holders will be required to obtain the appropriate valid State of Michigan driver's license before hire date.
4. Pass the complete examination including the employment medical, established for this classification.
5. Successfully complete the six month probationary period.
Must maintain a valid United States motor vehicle operator's or chauffeur's license.
Additional Salary Information: Full Benefits after the initial 60-day probationary period.
Internal Number: 2018-137
About Oakland County
County Government Agency providing services to the citizens of Oakland County, Michigan.Award winning and fiscally responsible (AAA Bond Rated) County government agency invites you to begin and advance your career with us as we continue on the path to provide cutting edge services to the communities we serve.We offer a stable work environment, competitive salaries, a full benefits package, growth opportunities and employee training along with generous tuition reimbursement.We recognize that hard work and dedication to the communities we serve are the driving force behind our success, and we continually look for additional ways to build a positive work environment.Join us on our journey to continue to make Oakland County a great place to Live, Work & Play.