AVAILABLE FOR INTERVIEWS AT AIHCE PHILADELPHIA JOB FAIR BOOTH
The Environmental Scientist II Performs professional environmental consulting services for a wide range of industrial, maritime and commercial clients. The work requires a professional knowledge of the principles, methods and techniques of environmental science, industrial hygiene and occupational safety. An understanding and the ability to utilize pertinent aspects of chemistry, biological sciences and public health that pertain to environmental remediation projects involving lead, asbestos, mold. The ability to recognize and evaluate health hazards associated with catastrophic loss to property caused by storms and flooding and the environmental, health and safety impacts related to chemical releases, oil spills and fires.
· Apply professional environmental science competence with specialized knowledge of chemistry, industrial hygiene and biological science. Perform as a team member to resolve client EH&S concerns as necessary and ensure regulatory compliance.
· Willing and able to travel by air, sea and land at short notice to reach project locations.
· Obtain and maintain licenses in multiple states for mold, lead and asbestos assessments.
Performs work as a team member under the direction of a Project Manager.
Performs work on any number of projects at various stages of completion.
Prepares studies and reports following standard format and procedures.
· Investigate, measure and evaluate environmental, health and safety conditions at client locations and carrying out relevant research, development, planning to complete comprehensive reports for review by senior staff.
· Excellent Communication Skills
· Competent in Microsoft office products such as Word, Excel and Power Point.
· Disciplined and organized with effective Time Management ability.
· Teamwork Oriented
· Problem Solving/Analysis skills
· Builds and Maintains a Highly Ethical Reputation
· Outstanding Customer Relationship Skills
This position may supervise environmental technicians and ES I level staff depending on the size and duration of the project.
· Wet or humid conditions will be encountered with high temperatures in deep south summers.
· Able to work in elevated areas with fall protection equipment.
· Noisy environments are possible with the need for hearing protection.
· High levels of personal protective equipment will be required at various times. A full physical examination will be performed by an occupational physician to ensure that you can wear the following items; Negative pressure air purifying respirators and impermeable protective suits.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· Sitting limited to lunch, breaks and driving.
· Majority of duties performed on feet.
· Walking, may be back and forth all day long over terrains that range from flat to hilly, rough and slippery.
· Able to carry equipment as much as 50lbs unassisted.
· Must be able to use hand and fingers to pick up objects, turn on regulators, insert earplugs, use hand tools.
· Push or pull items.
· Able to reach above head.
· Able to bend at the knee.
· Able to climb ladders to reach high areas or down into tanks or excavations.
· Able to wear a self- contained breathing apparatus.
· Able to squat kneel or crouch in confined spaces when necessary.
· Must be able to hear warning signals from vehicles, radio transmissions, alarm bells, air leaks etc.
· Able to taste and smell to detect warning properties of hazardous chemicals.
· Able to detect burning sensations on skin etc.
· Vision must be correctable to at least 20:40 with ability to distinguish colors with good depth perception and peripheral vision.
This is a full-time position salaried position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires rapid response out of normal business hours, travel out of town as needed and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day. Rapid response to client emergencies and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelors/Master's degree in Science/Geology/Engineering with five (5) to eight (8) years EH&S experience.
Valid Driver’s License
TWIC card eligible
40 Hr. HAZWOPER and 8 Hour Refresher Certificate
J.S. Held LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, J.S. Held LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
J.S. Held LLC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of J.S. Held LLC employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About J.S. Held
J.S. Held is a leading global multi-disciplinary consulting firm, respected for our exceptional success addressing complex matters around the world.
Our team is a multi-talented group of professionals who collectively bring years of technical field experience to provide consulting services in construction and related fields.
Our collaborative spirit puts us in a unique position to offer clients the highest level of technical expertise and unsurpassed client service.
J.S. Held continues to grow its team of professionals by expanding its network of offices throughout the United States and Canada.
Our understanding of how projects are both planned and built and our uncompromising commitment to our clients ensures our position as one of the leading construction and environmental consulting firms in the world.