Provides direct safety support for all Massport construction projects. Assists in the development and implementation of Occupational Health and Safety Programs intended to ensure that all Massport facilities comply with federal and state occupational safety and health regulations. Provides safety training and support as needed to reduce Massport employees' exposure to injuries. Provides overall occupational safety support to all Massport locations and construction sites.
Essential Tasks of the Job:
Assists in developing and implementing Occupational Health and Safety Programs to reduce Massport employee injuries in order to control costs associated with self-insured workers compensation program.
Performs Job Hazard Analyses to identify hazardous work processes and to recommend modified procedures, new technology or personnel protective equipment to reduce incident of injury.
Develops and provides training to employees to improve safety performance.
Ability to navigate the Massport Learning Management System (LMS) to assign and track Massport's on-line training effort utilizing Gyrus Aim. Reviews and recommends other training aids such as safety training videos and toolbox talks to supplement on-line and classroom training sessions.
Conducts accident investigations in order to identify and eliminate factors that contribute to workplace injuries.
Conducts accident investigation training for Massport supervisors in order to improve accident investigations that identify contributing factors to workplace injuries. Conducts accident review meetings to determine root cause and prevent future recurrences.
Provides loss control services at Massport facilities to reduce employee exposure to injuries and general liability insurance claims.
Performs inspections at all Massport facilities to identify unsafe conditions.
Produces reports outlining results of inspections including hazards identified, location of hazards, and pictures of hazards/unsafe conditions utilizing a cloud based inspection programs; EXTEND7000 and MAXIMO.
Recommends corrective action to abate unsafe conditions.
Provides follow up to ensure that unsafe conditions are eliminated.
Performs investigations and prepares reports of incidents with general liability implications.
Assists in developing programs in response to new safety regulations or initiatives.
1. Confined Space Program. 5. Hazard Communication Program. 2. Lockout/Tagout Program. 6. Personal Protective Equipment Program. 3. Respiratory Protection Program. 7. Fall Protection Program. 4. Hearing Conservation Program. 8. Bloodborne Pathogens Program.
Performs Ergonomic Assessments for Massport employees as requested.
1. Makes recommendations on equipment and work environment in order to eliminate or alleviate employee discomfort. 2. Maintains files on assessments performed and action taken. 3. Coordinates ergonomic activities with area managers and supervisors to explain issues and actions related to assessments.
Ensures that Massport construction projects are in compliance with applicable Massport, state and federal occupational safety and health regulations.
1. Assists with Authority's asbestos, lead and industrial hygiene program. 2. Performs site inspections and audits to assure compliance with safety regulations. 3. Implements programs and training intended to bring Massport into compliance with OSHA Regulations. 4. Performs site inspections as necessary, and identifies safety and security violations and makes recommendations for correcting discrepancies and possibly changing work procedures or behaviors. 5. Conducts pre-construction and pre-bid safety briefings for contractors. 6. Participates in meetings and represents the Safety Manager as directed. 7. Represents the Safety Unit with project managers in assigned construction projects. 8. Identifies safety training requirements and participates in scheduling, developing, and delivering safety-training sessions. 9. Advises the Safety Manager of the status of various safety programs as necessary.
Coordinates activities of Massport Safety Committees.
1. Monitor committee activities and provide committee with topical information. 2. Prior to each committee meeting, reviews minutes from previous meeting and identify issues requiring contractor or Safety Unit action. 3. Provides necessary follow-up on identified safety matters to ensure corrective action is completed. 4. Coordinates scheduling of speakers for presentations to committee.
Performs miscellaneous duties related to the Safety Program.
1. Reviews required contractor submittals, such as, confined space entry plans, demolition plans, site-specific safety plans and accident investigations to accept or reject submittals. 2. Stores, maintains, operates and calibrates Massport electronic safety analysis equipment. 3. Participates in the development of safety rules and operational standards. 4. Participates in the planning and execution of the annual Massport Safety Fair. 5. Performs Indoor Air Quality assessments as requested. 6. Performs safety orientations for new Massport employees. 7. Maintains detailed inventory of safety supplies. 8. Administers Respiratory Protection Program. Initiates medical review questionnaires and track information.
Provides field and technical support to environmental management staff.
1. Performs inspections of underground storage tank inventory/alarm systems. 2. Assists with compliance/pollution prevention inspections of Massport and tenant facilities. 3. Performs stormwater inspections at Massport facilities, construction projects and tenant operations/construction sites. 4. Assists with Authority-wide recycling program.
SECONDARY JOB TASKS:
Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications:
EDUCATION: Bachelor's Degree in industrial hygiene, public health and safety, occupational safety, or related technical field or equivalent professional experience required.
EXPERIENCE: 4-6 years' experience in developing, administering and implementing a comprehensive safety program required. Training experience in identification and evaluation of safety hazards preferred. Sound knowledge of construction practices, construction sites and construction compliance issues required.
1. Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Safety Professional or Associate Safety Profession preferred. 2. Working knowledge of relevant Massachusetts and federal laws, regulations and codes. 3. Knowledge of OSHA safety regulations. 4. Knowledge of Massachusetts and federal environmental regulations and permit requirements. 5. Demonstrated oral and written communication skills; and strong interpersonal skills. 6. Current and valid driver's license unrestricted except for corrective lenses. 7. Ability to pass airfield driving test and obtain an Aerodrome Ramp and Apron License. 8. Ability to pass Massport security clearance and obtain a Massport security badge. 9. Ability to complete relevant training. 10. Ability to pass a Massport controlled substances test and security background checks.
Massport connects New England to the world and promotes the regional economy through the operation of three airports: Boston Logan International Airport, Hanscom Field and Worcester Regional Airport; the Port of Boston’s cargo and cruise facilities; and property management/real estate development in Boston.We have high standards to excel in all we do, which includes hiring the most talented people... to maintain our facilities and achieve our goals. We strive for diversity in our workforce and to make Massport a leader among our peers in transportation safety and security, customer service, and environmental management.At Massport, our business is all about connecting. We support and take pride in the employees that make those connections possible each and every day.