Responsible for assigned technical, administrative and special projects of a large, complex operating department by conducting research, analysis, and evaluations and proposing recommendations for program improvements and more effective service delivery to the public. Coordinates small projects or programs such as evaluating department performance in specific operating areas and recommends actions that will improve efficiency and achievement of goals of the operating units.
Hiring Range: $44,990.40 - $56,180.80
Training and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Public or Business Administration, Environmental, Sciences, Engineering or another related program
- Minimum of five (5) years professional experience in a leadership capacity
- Experience as both technical and business resource of a large and complex operational department able to not only understand technical operations of a reclamation facility (including statistical data) but also identify, research and coordinate recommended options and alternatives.
- Prior experience influencing. collaborating and motivating others by promoting enthusiastic cooperation, relationship building and cultivating a team with genuine interest in achieving departmental goals and objectives using new, creative and best practice initiatives.
- Specific experience in water utilities / wastewater operations is preferred
Where you choose to work is one of the most important decisions you can make. We strive to identify a strong, diverse candidate pool and hire the best of the best ... then engage our highly talented team with interesting and challenging work!
Providing the Largo community with superior services in a welcoming and informative manner is our goal. When you decide that you are ready to propel your career to the next level and want to have an immediate impact on improving the Largo community, consider becoming part of our team! For more information and job description, please go to: www.largo.com/jobs
Additional Salary Information: Largo provides a friendly, supportive workplace with a focus on providing outstanding customer service to both the public and our employees. Employees enjoy excellent benefits, wellness offerings, competitive pay, and outstanding training and professional development opportunities.
Largo is located in the heart of Pinellas County along the Gulf Coast of West Central Florida just west of Tampa. Established in 1905, Largo has grown to become the 4th largest city in the Tampa Bay Area and is home to over 75,000 residents.Our Mission: Provide superior services that enhance the quality of life and community pride.Our Vision: Be recognized as a vibrant, distinctive community with ...a dynamic, diverse, innovative, and high-performance workforce that provides superior services through responsible stewardship.City-Wide Priorities: Focus on customer service, maintain and improve infrastructure, promote a positive business environment, and promote environmental sustainability and conservation.